Printers have become a necessary part of many businesses, big and small. More and more people are also using printers at home for homework assignments, a new recipe, or an interesting article. Printers are a part of everyday life. If you have a printer at home or in your office, it is important to make sure that you take good care of it. Today, we would like to share some helpful tips to ensure that your printer remains in a good condition.
- Clean the inside and the outside. It is important to take care when cleaning the printer. Switch it off and remove the power plug before cleaning. Use lint-free cloths to clean the inside and outside and remove dust. Wash the print head with warm water and let it dry properly. Avoid using alcohol on any part of the printer. Handle the printer gently to avoid damaging any of its parts.
- Open it up. This doesn’t mean you should get the screwdriver and take it apart. Simply open all the flaps and compartments to check for broken or loose parts or stuck paper. Most printers will indicate a message saying that the printer is experiencing a problem, but it is good to have a look yourself every now and then.
- Buy the right cartridges. Cartridges are expensive and it may be tempting to buy cheaper options. However, if you buy a different brand from what you need, you may cause harm to the printer and cause yourself a lot of problems.
- Switch it off. If you are not going to use the printer for a while, switch it off. Leaving it on can cause unnecessary wear and tear and the built-up heat can cause the print head to dry out. You will also save some energy.
- Keep it updated. Make sure that your printer can update its drivers via the Internet or make sure that you regularly check for new software updates.
If you follow these simple steps, your printer will be happy and functional for a long time.